- THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED -
Posted august 20, 2018
Grants Management Internship (Short Term)
THE CREATORS COLLECTIVE is a non-profit organization that for the past five years, has provided collaborative opportunities to a community of artists who are committed to creating and presenting interdisciplinary work in unconventional spaces and for diverse audiences. We are currently in a period of transition where we are reworking our mission and direction to open up our programmatic possibilities to expand beyond the arts and more deeply engage social justice issues in our work and better reflect the communities we serve.
We are looking for a new collaborator to join our team through this transition as our Grants Management intern. This paid position is ideal for someone who is interested in learning about the grant application and grant management process with a particular interest in the arts, activism, and social justice. This internship will offer the opportunity to refine one's research and writing skills within a collaborative and creative environment. A strong interest in and confidence speaking about immigration, race, equity, and the arts is necessary for this position.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Research new grant opportunities to support the collective’s programmatic vision for the next 12-18 months
- Organize grant applications for 4-6 grants, some with deadlines as early as mid-September
- Assist with grant writing, in particular synthesizing ideas and reworking as needed to fit the format of individual applications
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Strong writing ability
- Lens for social justice
- Interest in the grant writing and grant management process
- Skilled at communications via email to different audiences
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Drive
- Independent and proactive
- Comfortable working remotely
- Able to use your own laptop/computer
This is a paid internship.
Location and Hours
We do not work out of an office. We work remotely for the majority of the time and meet in person when needed. The internship is 10-15hrs/week starting ASAP and with a commitment of 6-8 weeks with the potential to extend longer depending on necessity and interest. Days and hours worked each week are flexible. Ideal candidate is able to start between August 27 and September 4.
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a cover letter, and 1-2 writing samples by Friday, August 24. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
THE CREATORS COLLECTIVE is an equal opportunity employer.